The Surplus Line Association of California is reporting that premiums in the Golden State are trending down. According to the group, “premiums processed in the first three months of 2007 decreased by 11.75 percent. The total number of policies processed in the first quarter were down 8 percent.”
SLA records also indicate that “176 insurers on the California List of Eligible Surplus Line Insurers (LESLI). Eighty-seven of those insurers are U.S. domiciled, 28 are non-U.S. domiciled, and 61 are Lloyd’s Syndicates. Thirteen additional insurers were pending eligibility” in May, the most recent month for which data is available.
Based on premiums processed through March 2007, the top surplus lines brokers in California are:
1. Swett & Crawford with $97.8 million in premium processed;
2. Marsh USA Inc. with $82.6 million in premium processed;
3. Western Risk Specialists Inc. with $71.9 million in premium processed;
4. American E&S Insurance Brokers of California Inc. with $60.4 million in premium processed;
5. Risk Placement Services Insurance Brokers with $40.2 million in premium processed;
6. Amwins Insurance Brokerage of California LLC with $40.1 million in premium processed;
7. Worldwide Facilities Inc. with $37.4 million in premium processed;
8. CRC-Sterling West Insurance Services LLC with $27.7 million in premium processed;
9. CRC Insurance Services Inc. with $25.8 million in premium processed; and
10. International E&S Insurance Brokers Inc. with $25.4 million in prmeium processed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.