Los Angeles officials have asked developers of a massive Hollywood skyscraper project to conduct more studies to determine whether it’s earthquake-safe.
The request came last week after a USC quake expert voiced concerns.
The Millennium project would build two towers of 39 and 35 stories near the Capitol Records building, creating more than 1 million square feet of apartment, office, hotel and retail space. The City Council holds a major vote on the project Wednesday.
Dozens of neighborhood groups oppose the plan and state officials have launched their own study to determine whether a nearby quake fault is active.
The head of Millennium Partners, Philip Aarons, said Monday that there’s no evidence of an active fault and the developer is convinced that the project is safe.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Tornado Alley’s on the Move and Creating New Risk Concerns, Modeler Says
Almost All Top US Companies Had Board Diversity Rules. Now Most Are Gone
Lindberg’s Right-Hand Man Sentenced to Two Years After Cooperating With Prosecutors
AI Data Center Boom Is ‘Maxing Out’ P/C Insurers, AIG CEO Says 

