Private equity firm Oak Hill Capital Partners has agreed to acquire all of The Carlyle Group’s stake in EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants, giving Oak Hill a controlling equity position in EPIC.
Oak Hill’s investment will enable EPIC to continue its aggressive organic growth strategy and will support strategic acquisitions of additional complementary insurance distribution platforms across the U.S., according to a statement announcing the deal
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. The investment is subject to customary regulatory approvals and is expected to close in the 3rd quarter of 2017.
Barclays acted as financial advisor to Oak Hill and Weil, Gotshal & Manges served as Oak Hill’s legal advisor.
EPIC is a national insurance broker with reported annual revenues of nearly $300 million. Total enterprise value of EPIC is now $977 million.
Carlyle acquired a controlling stake in EPIC in December 2013 with equity provided by Carlyle Global Financial Services Partners L.P. and Carlyle Global Financial Services Partners II L.P.
Oak Hill is a private equity firm managing funds with more than $10 billion of initial capital. Oak Hill has invested in sectors including retail and distribution, industrials, media and communications; and services.
- EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants Acquires Connecticut’s After Inc.
- Startup Decisely: Insurtech ‘For Brokers, By Brokers’ Targets Small Business Benefits
- EPIC Acquires The Capacity Group in New Jersey
- EPIC Acquires Benefit Compass in Southern California
- EPIC Launches Cyber Risk Insurance Platform for Small, Mid-Sized Businesses
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.