A Nevada man is suing the corporate owner of a casino restaurant in Elko where he says he was infected with salmonella after eating contaminated ham or eggs there earlier this month.
Harry Wiseman of Elko says he is one of at least 17 victims of a salmonella outbreak confirmed in the northeast Nevada community over the last three weeks.
He’s seeking unspecified damages in the lawsuit filed March 19 in U.S. District Court in Reno against Jacobs Entertainment, which owns Gold Dust West casinos in Elko, Reno and Carson City.
Wiseman says he had to be hospitalized for nine days after he ate ham and eggs at The Grille restaurant inside the casino on March 2.
Nevada’s Health Department has confirmed the restaurant is the suspected source of the disease. Jacobs Entertainment is cooperating in the investigation.
Topics Lawsuits
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
State Farm Must Give Up Trade Secrets in Claims Lawsuits, but Under Court Review
The Great Modern Train Robbery: Thieves Steal $200 Million a Year
Progressive Boosts Exposure With Football Field Logos at 13 Universities
A Landmark Supreme Court Ruling Is Upending How America Moves Its Goods 

