Treasure Island Restaurant on Vegas Strip Evacuated After Kitchen Fire

March 24, 2016

Officials say no one was hurt in a small kitchen fire at a restaurant at the Treasure Island hotel-casino property on the Las Vegas Strip.

Casino spokeswoman Michelle Knoll said the grease fire in the Senor Frog’s Restaurant and Bar started shortly after 10 a.m. on a stove that was preparing food.

The kitchen area has self-extinguishing technology that contained the flare immediately.

The fire did sound the alarms, which prompted a large fire department response.

lasvegasThe Clark County Fire Department said the flame above the fryer caused smoke and the restaurant was evacuated.

No one was hurt.

The rest of the Treasure Island property wasn’t affected.

Senior Frogs is typically not open until the afternoon but it was operating early Friday for customers viewing the NCAA basketball tournament.


Get Insurance Journal Every Day

Latest Comments

  • March 25, 2016 at 8:57 am
    Fair Playing Field says:
    "Senior Frogs", LOL. It's "Señor Frog's", IJ.
  • March 24, 2016 at 1:42 pm
    Agent says:
    Is this worthy of national news? Hope they had a good ANSUl system.
See all comments

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


More News
More News Features