Washington Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler took disciplinary action in October against insurance companies, agents and brokers who violated state insurance regulations.
A summary of cases is below.
- UnitedHealthcare of Washington, Seattle; fined $30,000
- Kreidler fined the health insurer for law violations during 2017, including:
- Failure to maintain an adequate log of consumer complaints and claims appeals.
- Mishandled certain prescription claims that had prior authorization for coverage.
Agents and brokers
- Brian Boldman Insurance Agency, Maple Valley, Wash.; fined $3,000
- Brian Boldman, Maple Valley, Wash., fined $2,000
- Eric Wiest, Newcastle, Wash.; license revoked
- Lanceing Huntington, Snohomish, Wash.; fined $500
- Claudia Vasquez, Tacoma, Wash.; fined $1,000
- Carol Thomas, Port Orchard, Wash.; fined $2,000,
- Murray Becker, Houston, Texas; ordered to cease and desist
- Danny Hudson and Seattle Auto Appraisers, Houston, Texas; ordered to cease and desist
Since 2001, Kreidler has assessed more than $28 million in fines.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.