A Wayne, New Jersey man who says he was scalded when the lid on his hot tea came off has filed a lawsuit against Starbucks.
Antonio Couso, 45, asserted in the lawsuit that the lid was not on properly and the tea was too hot at the Route 23 store in March 2006. He was treated for third-degree burns to his hand.
Couso accused Starbucks of “negligently and carelessly” selling unsafe tea.
A Starbucks spokeswoman told The Record of Bergen County the company was investigating and does not comment on litigation.
Information from: The Record of Bergen County,
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.