Investigators say an overheated electric cord started a fire that killed a York, Pa. couple and two children.
York Fire Chief John Senft says officials believe the blaze that raced through the Hernandez residence early Saturday started when an extension cord in the basement overheated.
Forty-year-old Jose Hernandez, his 38-year-old pregnant wife, Aracely, their 13-year-old daughter, Gema, and 1-year-old son, Jose Jr., died in the fire. Funeral services are scheduled Thursday at The Salvation Army-York Temple.
Information from: York Daily Record
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.