Carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to have sent five men to a hospital in Camden County, New Jersey.
Police say the men were sleeping in a vacant strip mall shop that they were refurbishing into a Dollar General store in Berlin. Police say they were kerosene heaters, fuel and paint thinners inside.
Police and fire units arrived after receiving a call at about 8:20 a.m. Wednesday that a disoriented man was wandering around a parking lot. The other four were found inside the store.
Lt. Paul Miller, who’s also chief of the Berlin fire company, says the men spoke Spanish, not English. Their names have not been released.
Miller says police are still trying to locate the property owner and the construction contractor.
Topics New Jersey
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.