The Boston Fire Department says a fire that destroyed a row of seven businesses near Fenway Park was caused by an electrical short circuit.
Officials said that their determination was based on interviews with the first firefighters on the scene, physical evidence, burn patterns and other factors.
The department said the Jan. 6 blaze began in the ceiling of Thorton’s Fenway Grille restaurant. The four-alarm fire on Peterborough Street destroyed five other restaurants and a dry cleaner.
About 100 firefighters responded to the early morning fire, which caused an estimated $5 million in damage.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.