Westbrook, Maine-based Acadia Insurance Co. will begin offering specialized insurance coverage for the self-storage industry throughout New England and New York.
“Self-storage facilities provide an essential service to the public, whether people need temporary storage solutions between moves or additional storage space for important belongings,” said Acadia’s Vice President of Marketing Colleen Conroy. “Storage facility owners and operators need to protect themselves from unique risks to preserve their livelihoods and business investment.”
Acadia’s Self-storage Program includes all lines business owner and commercial coverage plus special coverages such as:
- Customers’ goods legal liability from $25,000 to $1,000,000
- Sales and disposal liability from $5,000 to $1,000,000
- Inland marine coverage for storage modulars and pods
- Removal of customers’ hazardous contents coverage
- Reimbursement to remove and legally dispose of customers’ hazardous property
- $25,000 per occurrence/$100,000 aggregate limits
Conroy added that Acadia is committed to supporting the self storage industry by offering a well-rounded, affordable approach to their insurance needs, including the delivery of local services for underwriting, claim, and loss control. The coverage is available June 1.
Source: Acadia Insurance Co.
Topics New Markets
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.