A Massachusetts man has filed a lawsuit blaming the New Hampshire Department of Transportation and the town of Windham for a car crash during the massive December 2008 ice storm.
Steven Ford of Lawrence, Mass., claims traffic lights had been without power for hours before the car he was riding in was struck by another near a Windham intersection on Dec. 12, 2008. His lawsuit alleges that transportation officials had a duty to either put up warning signs about the lights or begin repairing them.
The state has yet to respond, but the New Hampshire Union Leader reports that a lawyer for the town says Ford filed his lawsuit too late and that the town had no obligation to maintain the state highway where the crash occurred.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
CFC Owners Said to Tap Banks for Sale, IPO of £5 Billion Insurer
US Supreme Court Rejects Trump’s Global Tariffs
Lemonade Books Q4 Net Loss of $21.7M as Customer Count Grows
AIG’s Zaffino: Outcomes From AI Use Went From ‘Aspirational’ to ‘Beyond Expectations’ 

