New York City Blaze Declared Accidental

February 18, 2010

Fire marshals say a malfunctioning boiler caused a weekend fire that ravaged a row of businesses in Queens.

The Fire Department said that the weekend blaze, which started in a furniture store, has been declared accidental.The four-alarm fire led to the evacuation of dozens of homes and took about 200 firefighters to bring under control. Seven other shops, including a dry cleaner, a shoemaker, a liquor store and a beauty supply store, were also damaged

Four firefighters suffered minor injuries, but no one else was hurt.

It took about three hours to control the blaze.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.