The New York Insurance Association (NYIA) recently elected its 2014 officers and board of directors at the association’s annual meeting.
The following officers were elected for a one-year term ending Dec. 31, 2014:
• Chair: Bernard Turi, senior vice president, Utica National Insurance Group, Utica, N.Y.
• First vice chair: Steven Coffey, president and chief executive officer, Broome Co-operative Insurance Company, Vestal, N.Y.
• Second vice chair: Elizabeth Heck, president and chief operating officer, Greater New York Mutual Insurance Company, New York, N.Y.
• Treasurer: Marlene Benton-Sherwood, president, Fulmont Mutual Insurance Company, Johnstown, N.Y.
The following directors were elected for a three-year term ending Dec. 31, 2016:
• Steven Coffey, president and chief executive officer, Broome Co-operative Insurance Company, Vestal, N.Y.
• Charles Makey, senior vice president, insurance operations, Merchants Insurance Group, Buffalo, N.Y.
• Nicholas Masi, government and industry affairs manager, Farmers Group, Inc., Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
• Norman Orlowski, president, Erie and Niagara Insurance Association, Williamsville, N.Y.
The New York Insurance Association is a state trade association that has represented the property/casualty insurance industry for more than 130 years.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.