Mother Sues Chipotle After Teenage Son Sickened at Boston Restaurant

December 21, 2015

The mother of a 16-year-old suburban Boston boy who got sick after eating at a Chipotle Mexican Grill has filed a negligence lawsuit against the Denver-based restaurant chain.

The Boston Globe reports the suit, filed Dec. 17 by Andrea Dow in Norfolk Superior Court, is likely the first of many connected to a norovirus outbreak at the Cleveland Circle location.

About 140 people, many Boston College students, suffered nausea and vomiting after eating there during the first weekend of December. The city ordered the restaurant closed on Dec. 7.

Dow’s suit claims Chipotle knew about the sicknesses and didn’t take proper precautions. She says her son hasn’t fully recovered, continuing to suffer from lingering cramps and bouts of dizziness.

A Chipotle spokesman said he won’t comment on pending legal action.


Topics Lawsuits Restaurant

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.

Latest Comments

  • December 23, 2015 at 1:41 am
    UW says:
    You don't know anything about anything, which explains why you only reply to about 2-3 people here who parrot the same crap you peddle. Chipotle has been one of the fastest gr... read more
  • December 22, 2015 at 8:22 am
    Fair Playing Field says:
    I second that. One of the one of the most rim shot deserving remarks in some time.
  • December 21, 2015 at 5:15 pm
    Agent says:
    Sounds a lot like Vertigo symptoms as well. Oops! No, I think it is probably the food.

Add a CommentSee All Comments (7)Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


More News
More News Features