The New York Insurance Association (NYIA) has announced the election of its 2017 officers and board of directors.
The following officers were elected for a one-year term ending Dec. 31, 2017:
- Chair: Steven Coffey, president and chief executive officer, Broome Co-operative Insurance Company, Vestal, N.Y.
- First vice chair: Elizabeth Heck, president and chief executive officer, Greater New York Mutual Insurance Company, New York, N.Y.
- Second vice chair: Mark Prechtl, executive vice president and CEO, Chautauqua Patrons Insurance Company, Jamestown, N.Y.
- Treasurer: Norman Orlowski, Jr., president/CEO, Erie and Niagara Insurance Association, Williamsville, N.Y.
The following directors were elected for a three-year term ending Dec. 31, 2019:
- Mark Gardner, regional counsel, Allstate Insurance Company, Hauppauge, N.Y.
- Thomas Hyman, government affairs manager, Farmers Group, Inc., Rocky Hill, Conn.
- Charles Makey III, senior vice president, insurance operations, Merchants Insurance Group, Buffalo, N.Y.
The NYIA is a state trade association that has represented the property and casualty insurance industry for more than 130 years.
Source: The New York Insurance Association
Topics New York
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.