Acadia Insurance, a Berkley Company, is now offering specialized coverage beyond what is typically covered in a standard business owner policy for pet-focused businesses including:
- Kennels and daycare
- Pet groomers
- Pet trainers
- Veterinarians and pet hospitals
- Pet stores
- Pet food makers
Acadia’s Pet Services program specialty coverages got pet services professionals includes animal bailee protection for accidental injury, death or disappearance of animals owned by others while in the insured’s care at the insured premises, while in transit or in a vehicle. It also includes pet services professional liability coverage for services such as grooming, boarding and obedience training.
Animal Bailee Endorsement
- $25,000 to $1 million per occurrence limit available with a $500 deductible
- $1,000 or $2,500 any one animal limit
- $3,000 cost of recovery of any lost animal with a $3,000 animal disposal limit
Pet Services Professional Liability Endorsement
- The limit is equal the general liability occurrence limit of the business owner policy
- Follow-form coverage may be extended to the Umbrella
According to Dave LeBlanc, chief underwriting officer, Acadia Insurance, the program is a comprehensive insurance portfolio tailored to the specific needs of pet services business owners.
Acadia Insurance policyholders can check eligibility and request coverage by contacting their local insurance agent. Additionally, customers can manage policies through their MyAcadia account.
Acadia Insurance is a regional company offering commercial and specialty property casualty insurance coverages through independent insurance agents with local offices in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.