Nearly $3 million in additional relief funding is going to communities in five upstate New York counties along Lake Ontario to help them recover from last year’s flooding.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Monday that the state had awarded $2.9 million in flood relief funds to local governments in Wayne, Orleans, Niagara, Cayuga and Jefferson counties.
The Democrat says the funding will be used for ongoing restoration and recovery efforts and to protect communities from future storms.
The largest single award – $1 million – went to the Wayne County town of Wolcott.
The state has committed $95 million to help homeowners, small businesses and municipalities recover from flooding that impacted communities in a region stretching from where the Niagara River enters the lake to the banks of the St. Lawrence River in northern New York.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Insurify Starts App With ChatGPT to Allow Consumers to Shop for Insurance
CFC Owners Said to Tap Banks for Sale, IPO of £5 Billion Insurer
Jury Finds Johnson & Johnson Liable for Cancer in Latest Talc Trial
Fla. Commissioner Offers Major Changes to Citizens’ Commercial Clearinghouse Plan 

