Hartford InsurTech Hub, powered by Startupbootcamp, has unveiled the 2019 cohort of startups for its acceleration program. The chosen startups cover a range of abilities, from property insurance claims to peer-to-peer insurance (P2P).
The 10 teams, selected from more than 230 applications, will relocate to Hartford, Conn., ready for the start of the program in February and will remain for its three-month duration. For the startups themselves, joining the program means they will receive the support, resources and industry and investor connections they need to help grow their businesses. With support from Startupbootcamp, the teams will be provided with access to a range of partners, mentors and investors from across the accelerator’s global network.
The 10 startups who will join the second year of the Hartford InsurTech Hub acceleration program will work closely with Hartford InsurTech Hub’s insurance corporate partners: Aetna, Capgemini, Cigna, Deloitte, The Hartford, Travelers, USAA, White Mountains and CTNext. The startups selected for the program are:
- Pineapple: Pineapple offers P2P insurance and is coming to Hartford from South Africa.
- handdii: Coming from Australia, handdii is a digital platform that automates the property insurance claim process from FNOL through claim finalization.
- Dream Payments: Dream Payments is a Fintech startup from Canada that powers digital and mobile payment services for business customers.
- Pitch Gauge: Pitch Gauge, from Georgia, is a roofing estimating application using mobile devices to do property inspections.
- Medyear: From New York, Medyear is a social network for healthcare collaboration. It connects consumers to more than 190 health systems and 700k doctors for real-time chat, secure email, microblogging and personal health records.
- SkyWatch: SkyWatch is a licensed insurance broker in all 50 U.S. states offering holistic software for connected, moving platforms. It is originally from California.
- Talem Health Analytics: Coming from Canada, Talem Health Analytics provides data driven insights on bodily injury claims cost.
- See Your Box: See Your Box provides industrial IoT tools to digitize supply chains. SYB is a tech-service platform that collects, analyses and extracts information related to goods across all steps of the supply chain and is coming to Hartford from Switzerland.
- ClaimSpace: Coming from Australia, ClaimSpace is a platform that bridges the communication gap between customers, insurers and stakeholders during the claims process.
- CareValidate: Powered by a life-saving light bulb called SafeLight, CareValidate provides health, safety and quality of care telematics to transform workers’ compensation, senior living, long-term care, life and health insurance products with plug-and-play insurtech solutions. The company is originally from Georgia.
After five months of scouting more than 500 startups from 38 countries, the announcement comes after 22 InsurTech startups met in Hartford for three selection days. The Hartford InsurTech Hub’s corporate partners, mentors and investors selected the 10 most relevant insurance technology startups that will enter its cohort beginning in February 2019.
Hartford InsurTech Hub is an initiative established in 2017 by Hartford insurance companies, the city of Hartford and CTNext. Focused on addressing the need for attracting new technologies and talent in insurance and technology into the city of Hartford and the local ecosystem, the program plans to stretch its reach to other cities in Connecticut to create a spirit of collaboration and innovation between its partners, entrepreneurs and investors while leveraging Startupbootcamp’s global network of capabilities and a structured delivery approach, according to a Hartford InsurTech Hub press release.
Source: Hartford InsurTech Hub
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.