Federal investigators say they may recall employees furloughed under the government shutdown to start examining a limousine that crashed in upstate New York three months ago, killing 20 people.
The National Transportation Safety Board says it’s coordinating investigative efforts with the Schoharie County District Attorney’s Office. They had complained last month that prosecutors prevented access while the criminal case proceeded, but with the help of the county court, the federal investigation can now move forward.
On Dec. 14, the NTSB sent a letter to District Attorney Susan Mallery saying “safety-critical evidence” has been lost because of its inability to inspect the vehicle.
The NTSB said it’s having a structure built to house the vehicle at State Police headquarters near Albany. The limo operator was charged with criminally negligent homicide.
Topics New York
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Insurance Issue Leaves Some Players Off World Baseball Classic Rosters
Preparing for an AI Native Future
Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles
Kansas Man Sentenced for Insurance Fraud, Forgery 

