Faulty Electrical Wiring Blamed for Bronx Fire that Injured 6

August 9, 2019

Fire officials say faulty electrical wiring caused a fire in a Bronx building that injured a baby and five firefighters.

The Red Cross offered shelter and food to dozens of families displaced after Monday’s blaze in the five-story building in the Concourse Village neighborhood.

None of the injuries was life-threatening.

Officials say the fire started in ceiling wiring above a grocery store on the ground level and quickly spread to the apartments above. A smoke alarm in the first apartment did not activate but alarms went off in other apartments in the building.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.