Vermont is asking the Federal Emergency Management Agency to assess damage to private property from a storm beginning on Halloween to determine if the state qualifies for federal aid for homeowners and renters.
The state says 323 Vermont homeowners and renters reported damage as of the end of the day on Monday. It included floodwater and debris in the home and basement; washed out driveways; and damage to heating systems.
Vermont Emergency Management Director Erica Bornemann said last week that Vermont has not received an individual assistance damage declaration since Tropical Storm Irene in 2011.
Republican Governor Phil Scott is expected to request a disaster declaration for public infrastructure such as roads and utilities in the coming weeks.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Zurich Insurance Profit Beats Estimates as CEO Eyes Beazley
Jury Finds Johnson & Johnson Liable for Cancer in Latest Talc Trial
Insurance Broker Stocks Sink as AI App Sparks Disruption Fears
Lemonade Books Q4 Net Loss of $21.7M as Customer Count Grows 

