The Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc. has elected Gerard Prast of Wallingford, Conn., as president at the association’s Annual Convention, held March 5-6 at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn.
Prast is vice president for XS Brokers, which has offices in Quincy and Worcester, Mass., West Hartford, Conn., Philadelphia and Orlando, Fla.
As an active member of PIACT, Prast served as president-elect of the association in 2019-20, vice president in 2018-19 and treasurer in 2017-18. He currently is vice president of the Association Programs and Administrative/Nominations committees and is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance Committee. He also is an ex-officio member of the PIACT Western Advisory Council.
In addition to Prast, PIACT elected officers during the meeting. The new officers who will lead PIACT in 2020-2021 include:
- President-elect: Shannon Rabbett of Windsor, Conn. Rabbett is principal of Rabbett Insurance Agency in Windsor, Conn.
- Vice president: Nathan Shippee of Bolton, Conn. Shippee is vice president of sales and marketing for Workers’ Compensation Trust in Wallingford, Conn.
- Vice president: Bud O’Neil of Bristol, Conn. O’Neil is an insurance agent with C.V. Mason & Co., in Bristol, Conn.
- Treasurer: J. Kyle Dougherty of Orange, Conn. Dougherty is president of Dougherty Insurance Agency Inc., in Stratford, Conn.
- Secretary: Nicholas Ruickoldt of West Haven, Conn. Ruickoldt is a broker for The Russell Insurance Agency in Southport, Conn.
PIACT is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies and their employees throughout the state.
Source: Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.