Aon has reported fourth quarter total revenue of $3.3 billion, and $12 billion for the full year.
Other highlights for the fourth quarter include the following:
– Organic revenue growth of 6 percent
– Operating margin increased 320 basis points to 19.2 percent, and operating margin, adjusted for certain items, increased 180 basis points to 23.0 percent
– EPS increased 37 percent to $1.56, and EPS, adjusted for certain items, increased 23 percent to $1.89
– Repurchased 5.4 million Class A Ordinary Shares for approximately $500 million
– In November the Company announced the authorization of a new $5 billion share repurchase program in addition to the existing program previously authorized in April 2012
Highlights for the full year were listed as follows:
– Organic revenue growth of 3 percent
– Operating margin increased 220 basis points to 16.3 percent, and operating margin, adjusted for certain items, increased 50 basis points to 19.5 percent
– EPS increased 32 percent to $4.66, and EPS, adjusted for certain items, increased 17 percent to $5.71
The bulletin said: “Net income attributable to Aon shareholders was $459 million, or $1.56 per share, compared to $355 million, or $1.14 per share, for the prior year quarter. Net income per share attributable to Aon shareholders, adjusted for certain items, increased 23 percent to $1.89, compared to $1.54 in the prior year quarter, including a $0.06 per share unfavorable impact on adjusted net income from continuing operations if the Company were to translate prior year quarter results at current quarter foreign exchange rates (‘foreign currency translation’).
President and CEO Greg Case commented: “Certain items that impacted fourth quarter results and comparisons with the prior year quarter are detailed in the “Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Measures – Operating Income and Diluted Earnings per Share” on page 13 of this press release.”
“We delivered twenty-three percent earnings growth in the fourth quarter driven by organic revenue growth and strong operating margin improvement in both segments, a lower effective tax rate and effective capital management,” said. “Results reflect a strong finish to 2014, having made significant investments in client serving capabilities while returning a record amount of capital to shareholders. Looking forward, we have positioned the firm for increased operating leverage, strong free cash flow generation and significant shareholder value creation in 2015.”
Source: Aon plc
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.