ACE Ltd. announced members of the leadership team it intends to appoint for the European Group of the new Chubb Group’s Overseas General Insurance division, which includes Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
The leadership appointments will take effect upon completion of the acquisition of Chubb, which is expected in the first quarter of 2016.
As previously announced, Andrew Kendrick will serve as senior vice president of the new Chubb Group and regional president, European Group. The leadership team reporting to Kendrick will include:
- Jalil Rehman will serve as executive vice president and chief business operations officer, European Group. Currently, Rehman is senior vice president and European zone officer for Chubb. In his new role, Rehman will have overall responsibility for the European High Net Worth Personal Lines business. In addition, he will lead the integration of Chubb and ACE businesses in Europe and also assume a number of critical business functions for the combined entity.
- Matthew Shaw will serve as executive vice president, European Group, and division president, Chubb Global Markets, the company’s international excess and surplus (E&S) lines wholesale business, including both its Lloyd’s and London company market operations. Currently, Shaw is division president, ACE Global Markets.
- David Robinson will serve as executive vice president, European Group, and president, U.K. and Ireland. Currently, Robinson is regional president, U.K. and Ireland for ACE. Reporting to Robinson and serving as chief operating officer for the U.K. and Ireland Property & Casualty business will be Phil Sharpe. Currently, Sharpe is chief operating officer for ACE’s U.K. and Ireland Property & Casualty business.
Also reporting to Robinson and serving as head of distribution, U.K. and Ireland, will be Jeremy Miles. Miles is currently U.K. and Ireland Manager at Chubb. In this new role, Miles will have overall responsibility for developing and delivering distribution strategy across the organization’s Property & Casualty, Accident & Health and Personal Lines businesses in the region as well as Chubb Global Markets.
ACE expects to announce additional appointments to the future European Group leadership team at a later date.
Kendrick will report to Juan C. Andrade, executive vice president, ACE Group, Personal Lines, and chief operating officer of ACE Overseas General, and who as previously announced will serve as executive vice president of the Chubb Group and president of the Overseas General Insurance division.
“Europe is our company’s second-largest region and the addition of Chubb’s business and talent gives us an opportunity to add even greater depth and strength,” said Andrade.
“Andrew [Kendrick] is recognized across the U.K. and Europe as a visionary and energetic industry leader. We also know him as a trusted colleague and a superior leader of businesses and people with a long and proven track record. Under Andrew’s leadership, with the support of his strong team comprised of the best of ACE and Chubb, I am confident Europe will continue to be an important franchise business for the new Chubb Group,” Andrade added.
“I am also pleased to welcome Jalil [Rehman], a highly regarded insurance practitioner who has deep experience and relationships with clients and brokers in the region. His strong leadership, market knowledge and general management skills will help ensure the successful integration and ongoing success of the European Group.”
“I am very excited to announce our first round of leadership appointments for the new Chubb Group’s Europe region,” said Kendrick. “Those who know us as an underwriting company will not be surprised to see Matthew [Shaw] and David [Robinson], who grew up as underwriters, continue in their respective roles.”
“I’ve worked closely with David for more than a decade, and I’m confident our important U.K. and Ireland region will remain in good hands under his and Phil’s leadership,” Kendrick added.
“Matthew has played an important role in building our capabilities and recognized leadership within the London wholesale market, which will continue to be a very important platform for our new organization,” he said.
“I am particularly delighted to welcome Jalil, who brings significant experience to us from Chubb, and Jeremy [Miles], a seasoned insurance professional with exceptionally strong market relationships,” Kendrick went on to say.
Source: ACE Group
- ACE Appoints Leadership Team for Chubb’s Far East Region
- ACE Names Future Leadership Team for Overseas General Insurance Operations
- ACE Makes Future Leadership Appointments for APAC Region
- ACE Names Keogh as Executive Vice Chairman & Chief Operating Officer
- ACE to Appoint Andrade to Head Future Int’l. Non-Life Insurance Operations
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.