Nominations have been announced for the first Efma-Accenture Innovation in Insurance awards, launched this year to identify and award the most innovative insurance initiatives and projects around the world.
Efma received submissions of 224 innovations from 148 institutions in 37 countries. The winners will be revealed during the awards ceremony at the Insurance Summit, which will take place in Milan, Italy on June 9.
“We’re creating a place where insurance companies and banks’ insurance subsidiaries will be able to showcase their innovations and get to grips with the latest ideas, technologies and strategies adopted by their peers,” explained Vincent Bastid, chief executive officer of Efma, a Paris-based networking association of 3,300 financial services companies from more than 130 countries.
Edwin VanderOuderaa, managing director, Accenture Digital, Financial Services, said this joint initiative with Efma is designed to foster innovation in the insurance industry, “which is facing disruption at an unprecedented rate.” (The Innovation in Insurance awards build on Efma and Accenture’s Banking Innovation awards).
Efma said an expert panel has selected nominees for awards in five different categories, which are:
Best Disruptive Product or Service
- AXA – RUOK
- Europ Assistance – Connect & Moi
- Servizurich – Zurich Spider SenseZ
- Telenor India – Telenor Suraksha (Free Life Insurance)
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance – Auto insurance for autonomous vehicle public road experiment
- Vakif Emeklilik – Veplus
- Allianz France – Your expert is in the sky
- April International – Easy Claim
- Assicurazioni Generali – Generali qui per voi (Here for you)
- Bradesco Seguros – Operation disaster
- Covea – Covisioto
- Zurich Espana – Proactive Claims Management for customers into Digital Channel
Customer Experience & Engagement
- Assicurazioni Generali – GrabMe
- Credit Agricole Assurances Pacifica – e-depann’
- Desjardins Asurances Generales – Ajusto 100% Mobile Telematics
- Metromile – Street Sweeping Alerts
- Mondial Assistance France – Travel App – Voyage Zen
- MS&AD Insurance Group – IBM’s AI system introduction
Digital & Omni-Channel Distribution
- Direct Seguros – eSpace
- First National Bank – Digitalising Funeral Insurance
- Haven Life – Entirely Online Purchasing Process for Term Life Insurance
- Ikano – Omifall Pregnancy and child insurance in co-operation with Children’s Ikea
- The Guarantee Company of North America – The Guarantee Gold Mobile App
- USAA – Digital Virtual Assistant
Global Innovator of the Year
- AIA Group
- Assicurazioni Generali
- Bradesco Seguros
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance
A statement issued by Efma-Accenture to announce the nominations said “the best-in-class solutions will be chosen based on votes from both members and the Innovation Awards Committee, which comprises Efma board members and insurance executives from all over the world.”
“We look forward to seeing how innovative insurers propose to address changing customer behaviors, new technologies and access to big data to help redefine their value proposition,” said VanderOuderaa from Accenture Digital.
Source: Efma and Accenture
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.