Hub International Ltd., the Chicago-based insurance broker, announced it has acquired the assets of Firstbrook Pointon Benefits Inc.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Based in Toronto, Ontario in Canada, Firstbrook Pointon Benefits is a full-service employee benefits consulting firm providing a broad spectrum of benefits programs, including health & performance, benefits plan consulting, group retirement services, executive benefits and disability management.
“We continue to build on our momentum in attracting leading employment benefits firms such as Firstbrook Pointon Benefits to help us provide our clients with an even more robust Canadian benefits solution,” said Gregory Belton, executive chairman of Hub International Ontario Ltd.
“With the world of benefits evolving and becoming more complex and integrated, it’s important for our clients to have a well-rounded benefits package in order to attract and retain high-quality talent,” he added.
Bob Pointon, president and managing partner of Firstbrook Pointon Benefits, will join Hub Ontario. John Firstbrook, founder & CEO of Firstbrook Pointon Benefits, and CEO of John T. Firstbrook Insurance Agencies Ltd., has formed a strategic alliance with Hub Ontario and will continue to play a vital role in growing the business.
The move further reinforces Hub’s ongoing Canadian employee benefits growth and services strategy to assemble best-in-class capabilities and entrepreneurial talent across Canada to develop a complete employee benefits and pension solution.
“We look forward to supporting Hub’s employee benefits and pension strategy,” said Pointon. “With more than 130,000 Property & Casualty clients, Hub has an incredible platform, which includes its thriving employment benefits capabilities, and a broad array of insurance and risk services solutions that will allow us to continue to grow and fully serve our clients.”
Source: Hub International Ltd.
- Hub Continues Canadian Employee Benefits Expansion with Purchase of TRG
- Hub International Buys Canadian Broker Kuokoa Enterprises Inc.
- Hub International Acquires Saskatchewan-Based Tri-Line Agencies
- Hub International Acquires Ontario’s Proteus Performance Management
- Hub International Acquires Ontario-Based Access Insurance Brokers
- Hub International Buys Canadian Broker Blackstone Insurance, Benefits & Bonding
- Hub International Acquires Ontario-Based Benefit Broker Services Inc.
- Hub International Buys Ontario-Based Southland Insurance Brokers
- Hub International Buys P/C Business of Ontario Broker Cypher Systems Group
- Hub International Acquires British Columbia-Based ES3 Insurance Services
- Hub International Acquires Ontario-Based The Benefits Co.
- Hub International Acquires Manitoba-Based Desilets Insurance Brokers
- Hub International Acquires Ontario-Based GMS Insurance
- Hub International Acquires Canadian Broker Kindersley Insurance
- Hub International Acquires P/C Book from Montreal Broker Daniel Picard
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.