SCOR Global P&C announced the following reinsurance appointments, effective April 1, 2019:
- Michel Blanc has been promoted to CEO of Reinsurance, following Jean-Paul Conoscente’s appointment as CEO of SCOR Global P&C with effect from April 1, 2019. Blanc currently serves as CEO of the Asia-Pacific region (APAC) at SCOR Global P&C. (See below for the executives’ biographies).
- Christoph Spichtig has been promoted to CEO of APAC for SCOR Global P&C.
- Eric Jenck has been promoted to regional chief underwriting officer of reinsurance for APAC.
In Specialty Insurance, SCOR Global P&C also announced the following promotions, effective Sept. 1, 2019:
- Stuart McMurdo has been promoted to CEO of SCOR Specialty Insurance EMEA operations. His remit will include SCOR Business Solutions EMEA, as well as The Channel Syndicate. McMurdo will remain CEO of SCOR UK and of The Channel Syndicate.
- Fabio Pinho has been promoted to CEO of SCOR Specialty Insurance Latam operations. His remit will include SCOR Business Solutions Latam, as well as the Brazilian insurance company, Essor, of which he remains CEO.
Separately, Pierre Favennec has been promoted to head of Strategy and Development, reporting directly to Jean-Paul Conoscente.
“Following the organizational changes announced in September 2018, SCOR Global P&C continues to adapt its structure to serve its strategy and be more client-centric,” commented Jean-Paul Conoscente, CEO of SCOR Global P&C.
“The establishment of the Specialty Insurance business unit in September 2018 marked a key change in SCOR Global P&C’s organizational structure, by bringing together insurance business platforms built separately over the years,” said Laurent Rousseau, deputy CEO of SCOR Global P&C and CEO of the Specialty Insurance unit.
- Michel Blanc, 61, a French citizen, started his career with SCOR in 1992 as a facultative casualty underwriter in the Large Corporate Risks division. From 1995 to 2000, he was in charge of P&C business for Japan and Korea, based in Tokyo. The next eight years saw him in Paris, where from 2001 to 2005 he was underwriting and planning manager at SCOR Business Solutions, and in New York, where from 2005 to 2008 he was senior vice president in charge of SCOR US Discontinued Business. He moved to Singapore as chief underwriting officer of SCOR Global P&C for Asia-Pacific, before taking on the role of CEO of SCOR Global P&C for Asia-Pacific on April 1, 2017.
- Christoph Spichtig, 45, a Swiss citizen, started in the industry as a treaty underwriter and held various underwriting positions at Zurich Re/Converium in Zurich, Switzerland. In 2007 he joined SCOR and relocated to Sydney as general manager, heading SCOR’s P&C operations and treaty underwriting for Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. In 2014 he relocated to Singapore as chief underwriting officer for Southeast Asia, and became chief underwriting officer, Treaty P&C for SCOR Reinsurance Asia-Pacific in April 2017.
- Eric Jenck, 37, a French citizen, started his career as an actuarial consultant in France before joining SCOR in 2005 as Asia-Pacific pricing actuary and CAT modeler, based in Singapore. In 2009, he became P&C treaty underwriter for the Indian sub-continent countries and helped to establish SCOR’s position in these emerging markets. Since 2016, he has led the treaty P&C underwriting team in charge of the Southeast Asian markets.
- Stuart McMurdo, 47, a South African and British citizen, joined SCOR in 2018 as CEO of SCOR UK & The Channel Managing Agency. Before joining SCOR, he was the head of Reinsurance for Santam L, South Africa’s largest short-term insurer where his responsibilities included both the buying of reinsurance for the group and the establishment of Santam Re, a business writing inwards reinsurance. Before joining Santam, McMurdo was general manager of one of South Africa’s leading retail brokerages, having previously spent 11 years with the Hannover Reinsurance Group in various roles, both in South Africa and Germany.
- Fabio Pinho, 43, a Brazilian citizen, started his career as an auditor at PwC, focusing on the insurance market and pension funds, and taking part in due diligence and reorganizations in the insurance sector. In 2008, he joined XL Re, heading the operations and corporate areas of the local reinsurance company created in During his final years at XL Re, he was vice president of finance and operations, with activities in Brazil and Argentina. In July 2011, he founded Essor, a specialty insurance company in Brazil, which is now fully owned by SCOR.
- Pierre Favennec, 38, a French citizen, started his career in strategy consulting at Booz Allen in Paris. He then joined the investment banking M&A teams of Goldman Sachs and Nomura in London, focusing on financial institutions. In 2017, he joined SCOR Global P&C as head of business development.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.