Lloyd’s has announced the membership of its new, independent Culture Advisory Group, which has been set up as part of its action plan to drive long-term cultural changes in the market.
Lloyd’s started its cultural transformation program in March 2019 in reaction to press reports of sexual harassment in the marketplace, and announced in September it was forming an independent advisory group composed of leading experts with experience of successful cultural transformation.
Membership includes leading experts with experience of successful cultural transformation including John Amaechi, psychologist and CEO of APS; Brian Dow, CEO of Mental Health UK; Dame Jayne-Anne Gadhia, CEO of Salesforce UKI, and Debbie Ramsay, director at GoodCorporation.
The group “will provide expert advice and robust challenge to help ensure that Lloyd’s is taking the right actions to effect sustainable and measurable change.”
Members of the group representing the Lloyd’s market include the chief executives of the London Market Association (Sheila Cameron), the London Market Group (Clare Lebecq), the London and International Brokers’ Association (Christopher Croft), the International Underwriting Association (Dave Matcham), together with Inclusion@Lloyd’s Chair Dominic Christian. (See below for the group’s full membership).
The group is chaired by Fiona Luck, Lloyd’s board member and non-executive director responsible for talent and culture.
“We are privileged to bring together such an accomplished group of experts and industry leaders. I believe that the combination of their insights and experience along with the strong commitment from our senior leadership team at Lloyd’s will drive real cultural change,” said Luck.
“The Culture Advisory Group will help identify measurable outcomes, critically assess progress against these outcomes and play a pivotal role in creating the aspirational culture of integrity, respect and inclusion, across the Lloyd’s market,” she added.
The group’s inaugural meeting took place on Jan. 30, 2020, with regular meetings being scheduled throughout the year.
Membership of Lloyd’s Culture Advisory Group follows:
- John Amaechi, CEO, APS Ltd.
- Sheila Cameron, CEO, Lloyd’s Market Association
- Dominic Christian, global chairman of reinsurance solutions, Aon and chair of Inclusion@Lloyd’s
- Christopher Croft, CEO, London and International Brokers’ Association
- Brian Dow, CEO, Mental Health UK, deputy CEO, Rethink Mental Illness
- Dame Jayne-Anne Gadhia, CEO of Salesforce UKI.
- Clare Lebecq, CEO, London Market Group
- Fiona Luck, Lloyd’s board member and non-executive director for talent and culture (chair)
- Dave Matcham, CEO, International Underwriting Association
- Pauline Miller, head of Talent Development and Inclusion, Lloyd’s (Secretary)
- Debbie Ramsay, director, GoodCorporation
- Jo Scott, chief marketing and communications officer, Lloyd’s
- Amanda Thompson, culture program manager, Lloyd’s
- Julia Tyson, chief human resources officer, Lloyd’s
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.