The State Auto Insurance Companies, based in Columbus, Ohio, now offer customized Marriage Identity Services, enhancing the lineup of identity protection services available to State Auto policyholders.
Through a partnership with Identity Theft 911, a provider of identity theft management, education and resolution services, State Auto home and farm policyholders can avoid and resolve identity fraud with pre-marriage, newlywed, remarriage, legal separation and divorce assistance.
For engaged, newlywed and re-married policyholders, State Auto and Identity Theft 911 can help avoid and resolve identity fraud by:
- checking for existing identity theft for either partner,
- supplying name change assistance for new couples,
- mitigating identity theft risks during relocation,
- helping to notify creditors and other providers about changing single accounts to joint
- accounts, beneficiary designations, etc., and more.
During legal separation or divorce, policyholders are assisted with:
- removing an ex-partner’s name from joint accounts,
- notifying credit bureaus,
- placing a credit freeze on a credit file that blocks it from use by an ex-partner,
- changing beneficiaries and names on titles and mortgages,
- notifying creditors that the policyholder is not responsible for the ex’s debts, and more.
State Auto policyholders already have access to an extensive array of identity management services, from Military Identity Assistance for active duty military personnel to proactive fraud alerts, and Disaster Recovery Assistance, which helps quickly recapture documentation destroyed in a fire, flood, hurricane or earthquake.
They also have free access to a wealth of online resources regarding identity theft. Articles, newsletters, interviews and other helpful preventative resources can be found at http://idtheft.stateauto.com.
Source: State Auto, www.StateAuto.com.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.