A new wrongful death lawsuit alleges an Ohio woman died because she ate salad processed at a Dole plant linked to a listeria outbreak.
The Springfield News-Sun reports the lawsuit says a 79-year-old Franklin County woman died in February after eating salad from Dole’s Springfield plant.
The food processor is accused of failing to prevent contamination. The Westlake Village, California-based Dole declined to comment on the litigation.
In a separate lawsuit, Dole denied responsibility in a claim alleging a woman went into a coma after eating salad tainted by listeria.
The bacteria sometimes found in raw vegetables can lead to a gastrointestinal infection. Officials tracking the outbreak said 19 people reported illnesses in several states, and one person died in Michigan.
The plant shut down for about three months.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.