A jury has awarded $2.9 million to a moped driver who was badly injured when he struck a low-hanging telecommunications wire in Michigan.
The Ann Arbor News reports a Washtenaw County jury last week reached the verdict saying Kevin Michaels and his wife, Debra, should get the money. AT&T was found responsible for the Ann Arbor crash that left Kevin Michaels with injuries including a fractured skull, a broken jaw and hearing loss.
AT&T spokesman Marty Richter says it’s “sympathetic to Mr. Michaels for the injuries he suffered” but disagrees with the verdict and is reviewing its options.
The lawsuit says the wire was replaced in July 2016 after being damaged by a truck, but was damaged again shortly before it ripped off Kevin Michaels’ helmet on Aug. 24, 2016.
Topics Personal Auto Michigan
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Illinois Man Receives $300K Settlement From Dog Attack
Maryland Announces $2.5 Billion Settlement Over Baltimore Bridge Collapse
Texas Chick-fil-A Franchisee Sued for Religious Discrimination
The Big Dog Is Off the Tech Porch: State Farm as ‘Next Gen Good Neighbor’ 

