Two property/casualty insurance subsidiaries of Cincinnati Financial Corp., The Cincinnati Insurance Co. and The Cincinnati Casualty Co., are offering a 15% personal lines auto credit for current policyholders.
Personal lines auto policyholders of Cincinnati Insurance and Cincinnati Casualty will receive a 15% credit per policy on their April and May premiums – pending regulatory approval. No action is required by policyholders to receive this discount.
The discounts are in recognition of the reduced driving times brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. The companies join many other insurers across the country in offering discounts and other accommodations in in response to the current health crisis.
The companies’ other COVID-19 action plans include:
- Pausing cancellations for personal lines and commercial lines policyholders due to nonpayment of premium and waiving late fees until at least April 30
- Waiving restrictions on policyholders now performing delivery services in efforts to protect the wellbeing of their communities
- Providing additional risk management advice to businesses considering manufacturing of personal protective equipment
- Waiving vacancy clauses for buildings temporarily closed due to the pandemic
- Providing credits on commercial policies for vehicles not being used when requested
- Conducting virtual claims and risk management inspections where possible, and closely following CDC health guidelines when an in-person meeting is necessary
- Delivering meals, purchased from local businesses, to agencies to help support their employees as they work to serve clients in their communities
- Transforming training sessions to virtual sessions
- Connecting agents for roundtable discussion on how to best serve clients during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Using the Cincinnati Customer Care Center to temporarily assist agents as they transitioned their offices to work from home
- Moving more than 95% of company associates to work from home
- Supplying location-critical associates with sanitization products and offering take-home meals from our food service vendor, limiting the additional number of trips needed
- Maintaining full pay for associates who couldn’t do their jobs from home or who were needed to care for family members
- Purchasing face coverings for location-critical associates and those who need to meet with policyholders
Source: Cincinnati Financial Corp.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.