A construction worker from Minnesota who was electrocuted and fell from a building is suing the city of Sibley, Iowa, for negligence.
Victor Maldonado, of Worthington, Minnesota, alleges in a lawsuit that the city knew the high-voltage power line was too close to the building and did not comply with safety codes.
Maldonado and his wife, Lidia Ochoa, are seeking damages of more than $75,000.
Maldonado was working on a rain gutter project on the building’s roof in September, 2018, when the power line sent a current through an aluminum downspout he was holding and into his body. He fell about 20 feet to an alley.
Maldonado suffered severe electrical burns, facial and cranial fractures, a brain injury, loss of function in limbs and blindness in one eye.
City attorney Harold Dawson could not be reached for comment, The Sioux City Journal reported.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.