Authorities are blaming fireworks for a blaze that caused an estimated $10,500 in damage to a Junction City, Kansas, duplex.
WIBW-TV reports that the fire was reported around 4:20 a.m. Sunday on the northeast edge of the city.
Junction City Fire Department officials said the blaze was caused by fireworks that were disposed inside a plastic trash receptacle. Crews found heavy fire in the front of the residence and the garage area upon arriving.
Four people and a pair of dogs were evacuated.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.