The State Auto Insurance Cos. have created a new data breach policy called Data Compromise Plus to address this growing coverage need faced by small businesses. Data Compromise Plus automatically includes coverage for defense, liability and identity recovery, in addition to the coverage for the insured’s response expenses,
Data Compromise Plus can be added to any eligible State Auto business insurance policy and includes the following benefits:
- Response expense – pays for the costs of:
- notifying affected individuals of a data breach
- providing affected individuals with a suite of services to help deal with the breach
- legal and forensic information technology reviews
- Defense and liability – responds to legal actions brought by affected individuals as a result of a breach of their personal information; i.e., if an insured’s customers sues the insured
- Identity recovery – provides services and reimbursement for costs should a data breach result in theft of the business owner’s identity
In addition, Data Compromise Plus also gives State Auto customers free access to the eRiskHub website, which provides users with information and tools to help manage the data breach exposure.
Data Compromise Plus is now available through local State Auto independent agents.
State Automobile Mutual Insurance Company, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, is a super regional property and casualty insurance holding company and is part of the State Auto Group. The State Auto Group markets its insurance products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia through independent insurance agencies and brokers.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.