The Insurance Information Institute (I.I.I.) has been awarded the 2015 Innovation Torchbearer Award at the Insurance Marketing & Communications Association’s (IMCA) 2015 Annual Conference in Nashville, Tenn.
The I.I.I. is a non-profit communications organization supported by the insurance industry.
“IMCA’s annual Innovation Torchbearer Award recognizes individuals or organizations that have demonstrated innovative ideas or initiatives impacting the insurance industry,” said Mark Friedlander, IMCA president and head of corporate communications at The Main Street America Group.
“IMCA selected the Insurance Information Institute for this prestigious honor as a result of its exceptional record of seeking to educate consumers about the insurance industry,” Friedlander added. “III has effectively and tirelessly served the insurance industry in this capacity as an advocate and teacher for over 50 years. The organization has become the authoritative and unbiased voice for our industry and has innovated in a number of unique ways to help educate the public about the insurance industry.”
The IMCA listed the following among the I.I.I.’s achievements:
- Testified on behalf of the industry before Congress on a number of insurance-related issues.
- Acted as a data source and provided analysis on a broad range of insurance issues, topics, lines of business and studies that have become the industry standard.
- Promoted automotive and better highway safety through research and education.
- Taken the lead on topics of import for the insurance industry by promulgating data and information – including topics such as terrorism, climate change, disaster preparedness, disability insurance and cyber risks.
- Presented at conferences and via media outlet and worked with Congressional staffers to share industry information and data, and educated on all aspects of insurance-related topics.
- Utilized social media and blogs as a platform to share positive messages and promote successes of the insurance industry.
- Hosted platforms, forums and organizing industry responses to various attacks on the industry.
Other nominees for the 2015 IMCA Innovation Torchbearer Award were two insurance industry executives: Jeff Bair, head of merchandising and business development – independent agent operations, Foremost Insurance; and Mitch Dunford, CEO, Wells Media Group; as well as three insurance carriers: CNA, Preferred Mutual Insurance and The Co-operators.
Past winners of the annual IMCA Innovation Torchbearer Award, which was initiated in 2012, include:
- 2012: USAA
- 2013: Esurance Insurance Services
- 2014: Swiss Re
IMCA’s membership includes leading international and domestic multi-line insurance companies and brokerage firms, regional and specialty companies, general agencies, and prominent industry suppliers. The organization represents over 120 companies, including the top five property/casualty writers. Members include senior level management and professional staff working in the areas of corporate communications, advertising, public relations, marketing communications, marketing and sales promotion, marketing research and technology.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.