Hiscox has added new coverages to its insurance policy for U.S. businesses in the mental health industry. Hiscox PRO Outpatient Mental Healthcare Professional Liability offers a variety of specialized benefits for mental health professionals tailored to cover emerging risks in the allied healthcare field.
Coverage will apply to claims involving a variety of areas and treatment options, including:
- Outpatient mental healthcare
- Behavioral therapy
- Substance abuse counseling
- Medication management
- Partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient programs
- Remote therapy (teletherapy)
Medical directors, non-physician employees, independent contractors, students, volunteers (including mid-level providers) and employed or contracted physicians by endorsement are also included as insureds and receive key benefits, such as:
- Waiver of retention available for outpatient mental healthcare practices following exemplary risk management standards
- Billing and regulatory errors sublimit
- Sexual abuse and misconduct sublimit
- HIPAA liability sublimit
- Reported incident trigger of coverage
- Affirmative coverage for remote therapy services
- Duty to defend
The Hiscox PRO Outpatient Mental Healthcare Professional Liability offering can be combined with other insurance products, including general liability, technology E&O, and crime and privacy, to create packages of coverage for each individual business’s needs.
In the US, Hiscox offers general liability coverage alongside a portfolio of executive risk, professional liability, property insurance and a full suite of small business insurance products. Hiscox USA operates offices in New York; Atlanta; Chicago; Dallas; Los Angeles; San Francisco, and White Plains, N.Y.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.