The family of the suburban Houston couple killed on Thanksgiving Day last year in a 100-vehicle pileup on a foggy stretch of Interstate 10 in Southeast Texas has settled a lawsuit it had filed.
The Beaumont Enterprise reported details of the settlement are not being made public.
The family of Vincent Leggio Sr., and his wife, Debra, of Pearland, had sued a trucking firm, a truck driver and two other motorists. The suit alleged the trucker was driving too fast for conditions when the crash occurred west of Beaumont. Some 80 others were injured.
The settlement came on Monday after testimony in the lawsuit’s civil trial in Beaumont had ended.
Joseph D. Jamail, an attorney for the Leggios, said the family was happy with the settlement.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup
CFC Owners Said to Tap Banks for Sale, IPO of £5 Billion Insurer
Trump’s EPA Rollbacks Will Reverberate for ‘Decades’
World’s Growing Civil Unrest Has an Insurance Sting 

