The Texas Automobile Insurance Plan Association (TAIPA) will raise some rates and lower some for private passenger and commercial automobile insurance, effective Feb. 1, 2016, the Texas Department of Insurance announced.
A recently issued commissioner’s order revises TAIPA’s private passenger automobile insurance rates by:
- 4.8 percent for bodily injury liability
- 3.5 percent for property damage liability
- -10.1 percent for personal injury protection
- 3.9 percent for uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury liability
- -20.9 percent for uninsured/underinsured motorist property damage liability
The order revises TAIPA’s commercial automobile insurance rates to generate an estimated overall average of -0.2 percent.
The effective date for the revised rates is February 1, 2016.
Commissioner’s Order No. 4151 is available on the TDI website: http://www.tdi.texas.gov/rules/2015/exrules.html.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.