E-Cigarette Explosion Injures Florida Woman, Destroys Car

February 28, 2016

A Florida woman says an e-cigarette exploded as she took a puff, knocking her teeth loose and catching her rental car on fire.

Cassandra Koziol told the Naples Daily News she had parked her car outside a friend’s house Feb. 25 to use the e-cigarette and charge her car. She said that when she pressed the device’s button, it exploded, loosening her teeth and flying from her hand.

Covered in blood, she ran into the house and asked her friends to call 911. When they went outside, the car was engulfed in flames.

Koizol was treated for first- and second-degree burns to her hand, chest and neck. She lost a tooth. She has hired a personal injury lawyer to sue the e-cigarette manufacturer.

Latest Comments

  • March 1, 2016 at 4:19 pm
    Johnny Rockets says:
    Interesting that she "Pressed a button" and it "blew up in her face" - sounds like negligent use on the operators part. I'll be surprised if she gets much out of this because... read more
  • March 1, 2016 at 3:03 pm
    Crain says:
    Wow! Smoking is bad for your health.
  • February 29, 2016 at 2:40 pm
    UW Supreme says:
    I'm guessing that she'll be 100% responsible for the rental car, since she likely got one that was a non-smoking vehicle.
See all comments

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


More News
More News Features