Attorneys say the family of a boy who died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a North Carolina Best Western hotel in 2013 has agreed to settle wrongful death and injury lawsuits.
The family’s attorneys said in a news release Monday that they agreed to settle the suits against the hotel chain and other parties for $12 million.
The Charlotte Observer reports Jeffrey Williams died from carbon monoxide leaking from a swimming pool heating system. His mother, Jeannie Williams, suffered serious injuries.
Daryl and Shirley Jenkins had died in the same room six weeks earlier, but officials didn’t immediately identify carbon monoxide as the cause of death.
A Best Western spokeswoman told the newspaper the chain denies liability, but has thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of those affected.
Topics North Carolina
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.