Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin is requesting a presidential disaster declaration for 22 eastern Kentucky counties where damage occurred during severe flooding last month.
Bevin’s office said in a news release Monday that the flooding caused over $18 million in damages to highways, bridges and local infrastructure. Bevin said the declaration will provide federal assistance for repairs.
The release said the counties are located in eastern Kentucky. Kentucky Emergency Management Director Michael Dossett said the state is helping western Kentucky counties with damage assessments from flooding that occurred within days of the initial damage.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Insurance Issue Leaves Some Players Off World Baseball Classic Rosters
Florida’s Commercial Clearinghouse Bill Stirring Up Concerns for Brokers, Regulators
Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles
How One Fla. Insurance Agent Allegedly Used Another’s License to Swipe Commissions 

