North Carolina authorities say they’ve evacuated businesses in a Fayetteville shopping center because a construction crew struck a gas line.
The gas leak at Cross Pointe Center comes just days after a fatal explosion in Durham, located about 80 miles north of Fayetteville. One person was killed in the explosion and fire Wednesday in downtown Durham.
News outlets report that no injuries were reported in Fayetteville, where crews were called to the area around 3:45 p.m. after receiving a report of gas odor. The outlets say the Fayetteville Fire Department reports that firefighters found a construction crew had struck a gas line under the parking lot.
Hazmat crews and a gas utility company were called to the scene to cap the leak.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.