New Rental Car Insurance Licensing Info Added to CDI’s Website

November 21, 2000

Effective Jan. 1, 2001, rental car companies that offer or sell insurance must be licensed by the California Department of Insurance (CDI) as an insurance agent, broker or as a rental car agent. The CDI has added a “Rental Car Insurance Licensing” page to its website,

The new law and the types of insurance that a rental car agent may sell can be found on the CDI website. In addition to the instructions on how a rental car insurance company may be licensed, the web page shows how a rental car company may endorse their employees to offer or sell this coverage. There are also links to the application that fits the needs of an individual or a business entity, the insurer certification, the initial certification of authorized employees, the required training material, the application fee and a checklist of required application materials.

Topics Auto

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.