California’s State Compensation Insurance Fund announced it has earned international recognition for several outstanding communication and outreach programs.
Awards in seven categories were presented to State Fund at the 2010 annual meeting of the American Association of State Compensation Insurance Funds. AASCIF is an association of state funds from 27 different states, plus 10 workers’ compensation boards in Canada.
The annual awards ceremony recognizes the best, most creative, and most effective communications programs created by workers’ compensation funds and boards from the United States and Canada.
State Fund, which is California’s largest workers’ compensation provider, garnered five first-place wins, along with one runner-up finish and a third place award.
The first-place awards were for:
- •State Fund’s redesigned corporate Web site that improves user experience.
- An advertising campaign tagged: “Together, we’ll help keep California working,” that reinforces the State Fund brand among key stakeholder audiences.
- A quarterly internal newsletter distributed to more than 7,500 employees, 1836 retirees, and State Fund partners.
- A promotional video trailer that provides State Fund employees with earthquake preparedness tips.
- An educational video that offers training tips to State Fund’s agriculture customers on the safe use of All Terrain Vehicles and Farm Utility Vehicles.
The second place award was for State Fund’s 2008 Annual Report, which generated significant interest among stakeholders and in the media. State Fund also received a third place “Excellence in Writing” award for a feature article on employees in military service abroad.
“Our goal is to make it easy to do business with State Fund, and most of the programs that won these awards are geared toward achieving this goal,” said Jennifer Vargen, communications director for State Fund.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.