Yellowstone County, Mont. has agreed to pay $650,000 to settle a case brought by a former courthouse janitor who eventually died of mesothelioma.
The Billings Gazette reported the county reached the settlement in November with the estate of Lauren DuPuis, who filed a civil complaint saying he was exposed to asbestos while he worked at the county courthouse as a janitor.
The complaint filed in April claims the exposure beginning in the 1980s resulted in DuPuis contracting mesothelioma and becoming permanently disabled.
DuPuis’ attorneys represented their client’s estate because he had passed away before the settlement was reached.
- OSHA: Texas Workers Exposed to Asbestos at Construction Site
- llinois Company Fined $1.8 M for Exposing Workers to Asbestos
- Illinois Contractor May Face Criminal Charges for Asbestos Exposure
- More than 1,300 Claims Filed in Ohio Asbestos Suit
- Law Firms Accused of Fraud in Asbestos Litigation
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.