Washington State Utility Caused Fatal Fire, Lawsuit Contends

June 26, 2019

The family of a Washington man who died in a house fire has filed a lawsuit against a public utility.

The Everett Herald reported that the family of 93-year-old Glen Allen filed the wrongful death lawsuit against the Snohomish County Public Utility District.

Officials say Allen and his wife were at home in January 2017 when they smelled smoke at 4:20 a.m. and attempted to flee before Allen fell and became trapped inside.

The lawsuit argues the fire was caused by a failure of electrical lines installed by the utility at the house near Snohomish, 9 miles southeast of Everett.

The lawsuit did not specify the monetary damages sought.

A spokesman says the utility does not comment on ongoing litigation.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.