Archdiocese in Oregon Faces New Sex Abuse Lawsuit

May 5, 2014

Another lawsuit has been filed against the Catholic Archdiocese of Portland by a man who says he was one of dozens of boys sexually abused by a priest in the 1960s and 1970s.

In the lawsuit filed last month in federal court in Portland, the 52-year-old man says he was molested by Maurice Grammond when the priest was assigned to a church in Seaside. The man was between seven and 12 years old at the time.

The Oregonian reported the complaint seeks $2 million.

The archdiocese said it “will work for a just resolution of the claim.”

The archdiocese has paid nearly $40 million to dozens of victims of Grammond who died in 2002.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.

From This Issue

Insurance Journal West May 5, 2014
May 5, 2014
Insurance Journal West Magazine

Workers’ Comp Report with Directory; Restaurants & Bars; Recreation & Leisure