The massive fire that destroyed part of a vacant mill complex in Windsor Locks, Conn. earlier this month was set, town officials said Monday.
First Selectman Steven Wawruck Jr. said state and local fire investigators have determined the cause was arson. The investigation is continuing.
The July 16 fire struck the old Montgomery Mills just weeks after the town made a zoning change to convert the complex to condominiums.
Despite the blaze, those plans have not been derailed because the buildings that were destroyed were slated to be torn down for parking lots, Wawruck said.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Topics Connecticut
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
CFC Owners Said to Tap Banks for Sale, IPO of £5 Billion Insurer
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup
Florida Insurance Costs 14.5% Lower Than Without Reforms, Report Finds
The $10 Trillion Fight: Modeling a US-China War Over Taiwan 

